Friday, March 17, 2006

Dream A Little Dream

I am not obsessed! I have no control over what my subconscious mind wants to traipse through while my conscious mind takes a break.

I'll explain.

Last night I had a very relaxing, deep sleep and a very nice dream. Now many of you may be familiar with my feelings about vacuuming. Well, it would seem my feelings for vacuuming is rooted much deeper than I had previously thought, or thought possible, to be honest. Last night I had a dream about this brand of vacuum. From what I can recall from the dream, I was not only fascinated by the sucking power of this machine, but I was also having fun with the "roller ball" functionality (simply writing about this is getting all worked up).

Alas, the feelings of exhilaration did not last. When I woke up, I felt a very real sense of disappointment when I opened my closet and saw my own pathetic sorry-excuse-for-a-vacuum (I can't even find my brand on the internet, it is such a sad excuse for a vacuum!). The exhilaration of my dream was, therefore, quickly forgotten with the realization that I am at the low rung on vacuuming hierarchy. I feel so inadequate. So, so...empty now. I will never be able to look anyone in the eyes knowing my vacuum is sub-standard. Excuse me...I need a moment to myself.

Don't look at my vacuum, It's hideous!

2 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

I know I've asked this before, but are you absolutely SURE we don't share some DNA or something? I mean really, I know of no other who dreams of the feel of a Dyson in his hands. Mine, however, will be black because it's more slimming. Someday, someday.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

there must be a group for people like you and me.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home