Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What Happened To My Gilmore Girls

I was willing to give GG another chance last night, alas, the chance was forsaken in yet another episode detailing the vortex of suckage this once proud and fun show has been spiraling. Sigh. I so miss the days of "ladida" happiness and Luke grumpiness. Now we have angry jilted lovers, a marriege proposal that makes NO sense whatsoever! and Luke being a complete tool to Lorelei (I don't know how to spell that name). While there were moments of the old GG, like when the band was playing at a totally cool bat mistfah, or when Paris wanted the Chinese food delivery guy (see: Rory) to think she was having a fun, fun party. But of those two things, the "new" reality based GG crept in with all the fighting and talk of discipline and fidelity. Grrrr. I miss the nutiness.

So it seems I will have to find a new favorite show to love with all my heart. I have been toying with sending my allegiances to Grey's Anatomy, but Grey's is bordering on too much soapy-ness (I know what you think, "but Michael, Grey's Anatomy is a night time SOAP!). And yes, you would be correct in pointing out the obvious, but there are distinctions, they are subtle, but there are distictions. The distinctions are so subtle it is impossible to explain, it's is a feeling one gets. If you can't get the feeling, I can't help you.

Until a new show comes out with the heart and soul of the old GG, I will be floating through the vast emptiness that is currently broadcast television.

At least I can sustain myself with the continuing hope of Jared Padelicki running through a dark forest without a shirt on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I can't really speak to the Gilmore Girls, but from one RW fan to another ... I am going to the Carnegie Hall concert in June!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home