Friday, February 10, 2006

MEME

Got this Meme from Mikey. Here's what you do:

Grab the nearest book
Open the book to page 123
Find the fifth sentence
Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

Here's mine from David Foster Wallace's A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again.
This was not right next to me, but in a bookcase around the corner from my computer. Now I never finished the book but, and this is the weird thing, when I turned to page 123, per the instructions, the bookmark I used when I read the book was on page 123!! How freaky is that?

Now, I am going to do something a bit different to what Mikey did. The way I read the intructions, it seems to me that one is to choose the next three sentences after the fifth sentence. Feel free to quible about my interpretations of the instructions.

Here are my sentences:

...A Midwestern child of academics gets trained early on to avoid these weird-eyed eager rural Christians who accost your space, to say Not Interested at the front door and No Thanks to mimeoed leaflets, to look right through streetcorner missionaries as if they were NYC panhadlers. I have erred. The woman more or less throws me up against the Covenant Faith counter, on which counter is a fine oak box, yay big, with a propped sign: "Where Will YOU Be When YOU Look Like THIS?" "Take a look-see in here."

Wow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

Okay...I am not kidding here. This is from the book, "Stud Highway" by Len Harrington. It's a filthy piece of fiction that Juanita More gave me for Christmas 2 years ago.

I am SO not posting this on my blog.

Then he started plunging up and down, his cock making a whooshing noise as it entered and left the thrilling rectum.

"Oooh, agh!" Danny groaned as the monster slipped in and out of him.

"Ahh, ohhh!" as the asshole gripped and released around his poker.


I'm ashamed of myself for even having this book on my desk. Why couldn't I have just been reading "Angels and Demons" or something?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Ohh, but you feel perfectly okay posting your filth on MY blog? Yeah, okay, whatever.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Chox said...

Well, since you're so clean, and I have yet to find a speck of dirt in your apartment (or even a spot of peepee on your toilet) I figured I'd just publicly soil myself in here. :-)

Call it performance art. That's what they call it over in my neck of the woods. Homeless women don't poop on the sidewalks here, they're "publicly expressing their disdain towards today's 'misogynistic' and dysfunctinal society in a non-violent fashion"

Wait...I posted more filth, didn't I?

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home