Monday, October 10, 2005

Ridiculous

This past Saturday night Chad and cutie Michael came by my apartment around 11:00 pm or so to say hi. Now I am usually in bed by 10 or 10:30, but this night I was in bed reading The Commitment by Dan Savage (I agree with Kyle, this is one of the best romantic comedies I've read in a long time.) While Chad, Michael and I were talking, I brought up something that Dan Savage wrote in his book that I wholeheartedly agree with. Dan wrote that he finds same sex ballroom dancing ridiculous, reading that was like a breath of fresh air to me. I remember watching some video clip of two men competing in the Ballroom Dancing portion of the Gay Games and as I watched, I couldn't help thinking how silly these two men look in their tuxes spinning around the floor. Now before you label me with the "internalized homophobia", let me just say this: phhhhht!
Well, this got me to thinking of other aspects I the "gay community" I find ridiculous, and for my tens of reader, I list them:

Same sex ballroom dancing

Same sex ice skating

Gay men's choruses. Overly shallacked men with "jazz hands" is just silly. Please, keep the jazz hands and choruses in high school.

Worship of over the rainbow drugged-out divas

Divas

Bandwagon Gay Activists. I refer to the activists that will protest anything regardless of the merits of whatever they are protesting. If there is a protest, you can count on these guys/gals to show up. These are generally the ones that don't really have a grasp of reality and live in a world of "dandelions floating in the sky and a hug will solve all the world's problems". I am thinking of one curly black haired activist here in SF in particular.

The idea that there is a Gay Community that holds the same opinions as everyone else that is gay. Wake up people, we all have differing opinions! (see Log Cabin Republicans)

Okay, to be fair and balanced, I will list what I like about the (for lack of a better descriptor) "gay community"

Cute boys wearing sleeveless shirts

...um...

...oh...did I mention cute boys in sleeve...oh, I did...okay.

Oh, I know...cute boys...oh, damn

Okay, holding a boys hand and not worrying about being punched (this while in some "gay ghetto", of course. Do not attempt this maneuver in, say, Alabama.)

That's all for now. Byebye!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

How can you not like same sex figure skating? I'm appalled! Well, not really, but I do have to disagree. If there's one thing better than seeing a single figure skater with a cute bod and bubble butt, it's seeing TWO of them.

Unless they're wearing some stereotypical matching outfits that consist of too much gold lame, then the bad fashion cancels out the cute.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home