Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oh, and the earth is flat...

When I started this blog, I told myself I was just going talk about myself and such. Weeeell, I am becoming more and more astonished at the, um, I'll just say it, blind ignorance of the country at large.
One of the blogs I read regularly is Andrew Sullivan's(I told you I was more conservative than you might think), he has just posted this little tidbit of information that I have shamelessly copied word for word and posted for your bemusement(?)

"42 PERCENT: That's how many Americans believe that the earth and all its creatures have always been the same since they were created by God in Genesis. Fully "70 percent of white evangelical Protestants say that life has existed in its present form since the beginning of time." 63 percent of them are "very certain" that this is true. I must say that there are times when one is rendered speechless. No educated intelligent person could possibly look at the evidence of science and say such a thing. And yet we are supposed to have a reasoned debate with these people on the matter. How is that even possible?"

The I figure it, science, to many people, is simply here to destroy god, to disprove he/she/it exists. Their notion of what science is/does destroys there preconceived, safe, idea of the world. Either that or it all about the ego and how some people cannot fathom being a descendent of those ugly apes...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami DeTruth said...

For Facing Flat Earth fanaticism:
(say that 5 times fast)

"Religion is the masterpiece of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think" -- Arthur Shopenhauer

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form" -- Karl Marx

"The Earth can be any shape you want it / Any shape at all / Dark and cold or bright and warm / Long or thin or small / But it's home and all I ever had / And maybe that's why for me the Earth is flat." --Thomas Dolby

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home