Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's a MEME...for Chad

Hi! Well, it has been a while hasn't it? Anyway...................................... onto the MEME:

So, Chad Fox has tagged me for one of these MEME things:

meme \MEEM\ noun
: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture

Example sentence:
"Blogs are an interesting way... of seeing which ideas, memes, trends and news events are getting the most comment." (Clive Thompson, quoted in the _Sunday Tribune_, February 6, 2005)

The above definition was shamelessly stolen from Chad Fox's site.

I'm supposed to list ten (10) songs that I currently dig, and as Chad Fox correctly pointed out, a few will be from my current deity of worship, Rufus Wainwright.

Here you go:

1) I Don't Know What It Is - Rufus Wainwright

2) Vicious World - Rufus Wainwright

3) Go Or Go Ahead - yes, Rufus Wainwright

4) Beautiful Child - aaand...Rufus Wainwright
are you seeing a single-minded trend here?
Okay, I'll throw in something that is not Rufus...um...give me a sec...oh, okay!

5) Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson (hey, I am thegay)

6) Eighth World Wonder- Kimberley Locke (yes, Kelly and Kimberly are both from American Idol. So sue me. I must point out, though, I have only seen about 5 episodes of that train wreck of a show.)

7) Oh, What A World - Rufus Wainwright (shut up! I'm not obsessed)
You know what, I might as well just list all of Rufus' albums and be done with it, but I won't.

8) Old Friend - Betty Buckley's Broadway (I'm "thegay," remember?)

9) entire DVD - 12 Girls Band (no "entire DVD" is not the name of the DVD, I just don't remember the name of the thing.)
Explainer:
12 Girls Band is difficult to explain. It's kind of good in a asian craptakular kind of way. I bought this DVD in Chinatown while on a "date" with Chad Fox a couple of years ago. Before anyone goes all "ohmygawd, Michael dated Chad Fox!", I must explain the "date". Since Chad Fox and I were both lacking any discernable boyfriends at the time, we decided to be each other's "date" for Valentine's Day. Okay? On with the story... If I remember correctly, I bought it because I liked the fact that the DVD was "blue" (and still is). No, the tone of the DVD is not blue, the DVD is in fact blue. Yeah, welcome to my world.

10) Common People - William Shatner Yes, THAT William Shatner

Okay, so there you have it. Now I'm supposed to "tag" a few people so they can carry on the MEME, this will be rather difficult since I don't think I have a lot friends that have blogs, but I'll try.

Brian in Chicago, because it's always fun to hear about his stalker and I really will get out to Chicago soon for a visit, Damon, er Tami, in LA. Hi, Tami!, Mikey here in San Francisco because he is the best and means the world to me, Joe in New York because he left a comment on my blog and that is sooo cool!

mmmkay?

2 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

I knew you'd have Rufus croonings on there. I miss you.

Ex oh.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Tami DeTruth said...

Dearest Michael,

Rufus has had some wonderful moments but that new album of his. . . Ugh! Hopefully, you can take some inspiration with my list of current favorite songs

go to:

currentfavoritesong.blogspot.com

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home