Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Drive By Review: Batman Begins

Deciding to take Monday off, I figured I would go see Batman Begins with the always interesting and yummy Christian Bale as Batman. Here you go:

Now that is more like it!!

I must admit, when I heard Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins, I was a bit worried. The girl from Dawson's Creek? A show I loathed from the first scene, the first episode, and the first idiotic piece of dialogue vomited up? Ugh. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by her performance, but I am now worried that her affliction affiliation with Tom Cruise will be the ruin of her career. And, to be honest, every time Katie was in a scene, a song kept going through my head:

Tom and Katie
Sitting in a tree
S-C-I-entology

But the movie? REALLY GOOD!! Tim Burton should hang his head in shame. Seriously. Shame on you Tim Burton. Shame! Christopher Nolen knows how Batman is done, and he did it right. Christian Bale? GREAT. Perfect. I didn't want the movie to end; I wanted to continue living in this world (as long as I'm Batman, of course.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I would have enjoyed Batman Begins had I not made the mistake of seeing it in IMAX at San Jose's Tech Museum. The Tech's IMAX theatre is domed (not flat like the Metreon's). While domed IMAX works well for movies about jellyfish and Mt. Everest, it's pretty painful for something like Batman Begins.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home