Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Got A Call Yesterday

Me: "Hello"

Computer Voice: "Please stand by while I connect you to a very important call."

Me: *sigh*

Computer Voice: "Please stand by while I connect you to a very important call."

Me (thinking): "International call, maybe? Do I know anyone internationally?"

Computer Voice: "Please stand by while I connect you to a very important call."

Me: "Gawd, maybe they found a liver for me! Oh, wait; I don't need a liver transplant. Of course after this weekend, I wouldn't be surprise if I did need a new liver."

*click* *click* *click*

Brooklyn Accent crossed with L.A. Homeboy-Guy (BACLAHG): "Heya"

Me: "…hi"

BACLAHG: "I’m calling about the latest and best 'Girls Gone Wild' video!"

Me (smiling): "I’m really not interested in watching girls go wild, I’m Gay."

BACLAHG: "That’s okay, so am I."

Me: "Really?"

BACLAHG: "Oh, yeah. You know we also have 'Guys Gone Wild.'"

Me: "Top or Bottom?"

BACLAHG: "What?"

Me: "Are you a top or a bottom?"

BACLAHG: "Top of what?"

Me: "You’re Gay?"

BACLAHG: "Totally, dude."

Me: "You’re Gay, but you don’t know what a top or a bottom is?"

BACLAHG: "Should I."

Me: "It’s not a question of should, rather it' a question of…knowing yourself, I suppose."

BACLAHG: "Oh. So, what it is it?"

Me (astonished that I' having this conversation but having fun, anyway): "A top is the guy that…," oh, what the hell, "fucks the other guy in the ass. The bottom is the guy that gets fucked in the ass."

BACLAHG: "…."

Me: "…."

BACLAHG: "I just came out, so all this homo, I mean, gay stuff is new to me."

Me: (this guy must really want me to buy those tapes): "That’s okay; it can be strange at first."

BACLAHG: "You know, we have these 'Guys Gone Wild' tapes!"

Me: "Yeah, you mentioned that before. I'm really not interested, thanks for the call, though.'"

*click*

I knew there was a reason why I never signed up on the "do not call list."

4 Comments:

Blogger dorky geeky kitty said...

Hilarious!!

..i'm not even gay but i know what top or bottom is s'posed to be. :P

10:43 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

"It means exactly what you think it does." - Christopher Rice

I was waiting for the moment where the guy would become so flustered that his Indian accent would show ;-) ("why didn't they cover THAT in my American culture class???")

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

So that's why your phone was busy yesterday.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

That is amazing. People will say anything to make another sale. Glad that you didn't order that tape. Nothing but a bunch of fully dressed frat boys overturning cars and setting them on fire. Come on, if you're gonna get wild, at least take off your shirts!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home