Saturday, April 01, 2006

Drive By Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Last night after reading chapters 2 and 3 of A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides) for my Project Management class, I watched the DVD of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Here you go:

A series of disjointed scenes cobbled together, inhabited by unpleasant charachters in a film that has little regard for the story's direction until the end when the audience is reminded of why we should have been concerned about these people at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Sadly, I must agree with you. I wanted to like this movie.

I will own the DVD. (not just because I'm a sucker for a full set) I read the book several times before having seen the movie so my mind fills in the blanks pretty well. Is this the way a movie adaptation should work? No.

Oh, okay, it is because I'm a sucker for a full set.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I've never read any of the HP books, but it was pretty obvious to me nevertheless that the film version of Goblet of Fire was rushing through the book. Given how thick the books are, I guess this isn't surprising. I suspect it's going to get even worse for the remaining books.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home