Monday, November 05, 2007

Letter To Senator Diane Feinstein

I wrote a letter to Senator Diane Feinstein this morning asking her not to vote for Judge Mukasey as the next Attorney General of United States. I tried to make it as short as I could, but long enough, I hope, to get how important this vote is. Here it is:

Senator Feinstein,

I am writing to beg you not to allow Judge Mukasey as the next Attorney General of the United States. By voting for Mukasey you are setting a dangerous precedent in the United States where torture will be allowed based on parsing of definitions. This is such a crucial moment in the history of the United States that I can't plead strongly enough that you reverse your position on Mukasey.

This has been dark times for the Constitution and the U.S. I beg you to not allow our Constitution to be further ignored by allowing a man that fudges what is a clear answer about waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture. Everybody knows this.

Please do not look at the short term political expediency of your decision, but the long term meaning your choice has for the very foundations of our government.

Please do not vote for Mukasey as the next Attorney General.

-Michael *********

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home