Friday, October 12, 2007

Features

Last week I walked into the local Radio Shack her in the Castro to look at what new phones I am eligable to upgrade. The small AT&T wall had about 10 or 11 phone to choose from, Nokia, LG, Sony, etc. As I was looking at the phones, a salesperson approached.

Sale Person: " Is ther anything I can help you with?"

Me: "I'm just looking at what phones are available."

SP: "What kind of features are you looking for?"

Me: "I want to be able to make and receive calls."

SP: "...do you text?"

Me: "Yes."

SP: "How about listening to music?"

Me: "No. I just want a phone"

SP: (looking at me like I was from another planet) "...You don't listen to music? How about downloading the web?"

Me: "I really just want to be able to call people and people to call me Do you have a phone that can do that?
...I don't care about downloading. "

SP: "Sure..."


I half expected him to ask me if I was interested in indoor plumbing (which I already have).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmi said...

Always going for the Upsell! Good for them, not unnecessary for you. I hate when people who say they are there to help you, don't help you they are helping the company they work for and their commission... I would be like Debbie at the drive though at McDonalds giving you a hard time because you didn't want Cheese on your Big Mac. "No Cheese? Really? Are you sure you don't want cheese???

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home