Monday, March 19, 2007

MEME And No Politics

I've decided to try and not blog about Bush (see corruption), politics (see corruption), religion, or what not for a week. Instead, I will answer a small MEME a friend emailed me...

What are you reading?
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami (translation by Jay Rubin)
and
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. What can I say, I'm a multitasker
What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Oatmeal, toast - dry (I am out of jam), green tea

Favorite food?
Difficult to answer...I guess, Mexican. Unfortunately, I have yet to have good Mexican food since moving to San Francisco 14 years ago. Sad, sad state of Mexican cuisine here in the Bay Area.

What was the last book you read?
The Monk by Matthew Lewis.
Didn't finish it, though. I found it to be a bit boring.

Tell me something I don't know about you?
I really like Howard the Duck

Glass half full or half empty?
It's a glass with milk.

Stuck on a desert island. What would you do to get off (the island! Dirty man)
Don't know, but I would sell the story to a network and assure everyone I know what I'm doing.

You awake in a room. There are no lights on, but there is a faint glow emanating from the ceiling that is just out of reach. When you speak, you do not hear your voice, but that of Majell Barret (Star Trek computer voice, wife of Gene Rodenberry). The walls are black and appear smooth to the touch. Where are you?
First of all, I don't think I am actually awake, but dreaming. Having said that, I think the room is a manifestation of my anxiety I have about my job (not anxiety about losing, rather the anxiety I have for not liking my job (feel trapped in a box with a faint glow of hope just out of reach.). The voice of Majell Barret (is that how one spells her name?), signifies my sense of losing my self and becoming something foreign (see, anxiety about my job). That or I ate too many almonds before going to bed. Definitely a dream I would have after eating too may nuts! That was fun.

Do you miss having a car?
Not at all.

If there was one thing you would like to change about yourself, what would it be?
If I told you that, I would be revealing too much about myself.

One person you want to meet?
One person? Hmmm...This sounds strange, but I can't think of anyone I want to meet. There is actually a reason why I don't want to meet any one person. Inevitably, whomever I meet will be a disappoint; not at all like I thought they would be.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TED said...

You should really try again with The Monk. Not only is it the prototype of the Gothic novel, it's one of the goriest books I've ever read. Most of the heavy chainsaw(or whatever they used in the 18th century)-wielding demon scenes don't come until pretty near the end, though.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I will give a second look. I probably don't have the patience to wait for all the gore. The idea of gorey chainsaw demons sound luverly, though! after I'm finished with god delusion and wind-bird, I'll give The Monk the old college try.

Thanks.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home