Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dirty Tricks

Seems the Repuglicans can't play fair. If you ask me, jail time is called for.

In Arlington County, resident Timothy Daly said he got a phone message Sunday, said to be from the "Virginia Elections Commission," telling him he was registered to vote in New York so he couldn't vote in Virginia.


"If you do show up, you will be charged criminally," said the message, the text of which appeared on Daly's affidavit to the Board of Elections.

Lawrence Peter Baumann, a Northampton County resident, said in his affidavit that he got a call on Friday from a woman claiming to be from the Webb campaign. He said he assured her he planned to vote for Webb.


"She then told me that I would be voting at West Reed Street. I told her that there was no street by that name and that if she was supposed to be helping Webb, she needed to give correct information," Baumann's affidavit said. "She never gave me the correct precinct and never offered to get back to me with my correct precinct."


via SFgate

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmi said...

Here and all I had to deal with at the polls today was blue haired old ladies. I wonder if they crank called me too? LOL

3:41 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Speaking of not playing fair, appaently radio talk-show host Laura Ingraham was trying to get her listeners to clog the voter fraud hotline you posted about earlier.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home