Thursday, August 31, 2006

Portland Calling

For about a year and a half, I have played with the idea of moving from San Francisco to Portland or Seattle. I was playing with this moving idea because I felt I was in a bit of a rut here is San Francisco (with my job, mostly), but now things seem to be looking up on the job front, so I have put off the idea of moving for the time being. I still have a sense that I will move, just not for the next couple of years (2 or 3 at the outset). But something interesting has happened - Portland keeps popping up in my life.

I started to see a pattern after I read this story from The Stranger, I then remembered when was flipping through the channels (all 9 of then- I don't have cable) sometime this week, and what do I happen upon? COPS was in, that's right, Portland. On top of all that, I will be leaving on an R.V. trip next week with two friends that live, not in Portland, but in Bend, Oregon (a couple hours east of Portland). Now Darin and Greg (from Bend), tell me they can see me really liking Portland. With that, The Stranger's Blog has an entry about Portland, too. Not to mention Todd and Pony and their show (which is very funny, BTW) are up there! Am I wrong to see the undeniable cosmic forces pulling me towards Portland, Oregon? Am I?

And another reason to move to Portland? I hate hot weather. And with all this Global Warming going on, San Francisco is getting to warm for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelicious said...

Ok, 1st of all, it's only been sunny and warm for two days! It's nice.

2nd of all, if you fell the pull then you should explore it. I was pulled to San Francisco for some reason, and all of a sudden I'm here.

Just be warned, Jumping in with the universive is like jumping into a river with a strong current, all of a sudden your downstream wether you're ready or not!

12:45 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Don't go. Please don't go. I promise not to talk with a lisp on my next podcast!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home