Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Bit Of An Explanation

Since I have been flooded with questions relating to this post, (one comment is anomaly, two a trend), I feel the need to explain myself.

When I was a freshman in High School (might have been a sophomore), I was in my English class, and we were reading some dreadfully boring book on Greek Mythology. As the pain from reading Ms. Hamilton's incredibly dry prose continued, a student, for some reason, said something about Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood fame. The first thing out of my teacher's mouth was "he probably pees sitting down." Now, I don't know what you, my dear reader, might think she meant by this, but as a budding gay-boy, I felt she was making some anti-gay remark. I felt a little sad, confused and a bit angry because, even back then, I would pee sitting down. Now I did this because:

1) I lived in Southern California, and, therefore wore shorts most of the time. Because I wore shorts, anytime I would pee standing up there would be the inevitable, um, splatter or splash back. Because I wore shorts a lot, I would feel the splatter and think, "Ooooh, gross".

2) It seems undignified to pee standing up, IMHO (unless at a bar-then it is okay).

3) I can't stand the sound of pee hitting the water. Don't know why, but it just gross' me out.

4) Not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with this, but I am gay(?)

Anyway, after I heard my English teacher's comment about Mr. Rogers and peeing while sitting down, I always felt I was somehow the only guy that peed sitting down and I felt, on some level, it meant I was doing something wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelicious said...

I think you pee sitting down so you won't look down in the water, see your reflection, and fall in love with yourself. ;)

I read Edith Hamilton as well.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh, I dont'think........I'm sorry, I was distracted by the reflection in my monitor. What were we talking about?

1:23 PM  
Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

if peeing whilst sitting is a crime then color me guilty.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

You have nothing to feel alone about, or feel ashamed of. I saw that photo on PostSecret too!

I'm glad you "came out" as a pee sitter :D

I am just recently converted. It all started when I thought the bathroom was disgusting, and blamed my partner. He quickly informed me that he sits down, so any grossness is purely MY FAULT.

From that day forward, I was converted.

Here is a post I did that you might find interesting. There is a lot of feedback from other people, which might be of interest to you.

http://www.nathanexposed.com/blog/2006/05/lets-start-a-pissing-movement.html

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home