Monday, August 14, 2006

Burning Question

I was having a conversation with someone in my office earlier about Burning Man. she asked me what Burning is and I tried to explain, but never having been myself, I feel I really couldn't do it justice. So, I was hoping my many reader would give me a good explanation. She then asked me if any black people went. Again, I could not give her a definitive answer as I have never gone myself (my mountain bike, on the other hand, has gone twice.). Disclosure: This person I was talking to is black, so she is not being somehow racially insensitive as many PCer's are wont to think.

Out of those two questions, I must say, the question of whether black people go to Burning Man is the most intriguing. I said I would find out and get back to her.

If you do not want to answer those questions, you can look at what I bought on Saturday for my RV trip in September.



5 Comments:

Blogger MattyMatt said...

Most people prefer to buy shoes in pairs.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I was wondering why the salesperson kept trying not to laugh as she rang up my purchase!

3:49 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

I just went to Burning Man for my 10th time (although I'm not going this year). There are in fact African Americans who do attend though in small numbers. I would guess that 30% of the attendees are gay but only 4-5% black...

Hope that helps and maybe others have more specific facts.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Here's an article the Chron did last year about this topic.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Chox said...

When I pee, I yell, "It's burning, man!"

And black is supposed to be capitalized, apparently. Babykiller asshole!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home