Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Laptop...lap...top...

I feel it is necessary to pass along something of great importance and gravity. I have discovered something that will, no doubt, change the way we as human beings function in our day-to-day lives.

What I have discovered, now perhaps you should sit, is that my laptop computer can actually be used on my lap! Yes, I know, my breath was taken away upon this discovery. Let me explain how I came about this new and exciting discovery. I was in a “writing” mood, but I also wanted to watch Latter Days on Digital Video Disk while toiling away on my laptop (yes, some most of the dialogue in this Motion Picture can be cringe-inducing, but I’m a romantic. So, shut up). It would have been difficult to write and watch my movie using my Sony Progressive Scan Digital Video Disk Player because the table my laptop resides is in the kitchen of my apartment; I would not be able to see the Television Set, and, therefore, Latter Days. Most tragic. Along with the realization that one can use a laptop computer on one’s lap, I also realized the power cable could be unplugged from the electrical socket in my kitchen and plugged into the electrical socket next to my couch! Yes, the mysteries of laptop computing just keep coming. Not only did I discover I could use my laptop ON MY LAP, but I realized I could even surf the web while my laptop was ON MY LAP! I’ll let these new discoveries sink in a bit……..All sunk in? Good.

Well, after all these discoveries, I not only watched Latter Days, I watched Stars Wars, as well. Well, I called my sister to tell her of my discovery, she expressed her surprise that I had made this great find, and then she asked me how “the tying my shoes thing” was progressing. I don’t know what she’s talking about, I learned to tie my shoes last year. Sheesh! I’m sure, she’s just jealous I figured this out before she did.

So feel free to let everyone you know about my discovery. I suspect this will revolutionize the computing industry.

Now if I can just figure out what the blinking 12:00 on my Video Cassette Recorder is…

2 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

I keep my desktop computer on the floor. Only the keyboard and monitor is actually on my desk.

I'm a bad person.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I was looking for information about buy dvd rw and it looks like I came to the right place to find it. Thanks for the information about buy dvd rw. Please visit our site which also has information about buy dvd rw. You might even like to buy the domain name.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home