Saturday, June 10, 2006

But We Have A Deal!

Walking back from H&M today, I did something that can only, I thought, happen on TV.

I tripped over a pigeon.

As I was walking, I spied this pigeon in front of me but I kept walking thinking, "surely this pigeon will flutter out of my way as I get closer," because that's what's is supposed to happen; we have a deal with pigeons, afterall. Righ? But no, this particular bird must be a big old tard because as I approached, the closer I got the less the pigeon seemed to be moving out of my way. It moved so little, that is to say not at all, that it ended up between my feet where it then started to flap it's wings as if it finally realized this particular time was the moment to get out of my way. Well, as the pigeon was caught between my legs, maniacally flapping it's wings, I started hopping and spinning on one foot, raising the other leg trying give the pigeon open access to flee, the damn bird flew straight up into my crotch and got caught and couldn't (or wouldn't? Perv.) get out. I don't know, I guess my crotch is a big ole pigeon magnet ready to suck any flying rat within a yard! Finally after what seemed an eternity, the thing got out and flew across to the street to join his pigeon buddies.

After the laughter from the surrounding people stopped, I, with dignity, walked away cursing under my breath, "WE HAVE A DEAL."

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami DeTruth said...

I would have like to see that one.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kelicious said...

OH My GOD!! I totally got hit in the face by one at the Powell Street Station! The Union Square Pigeons have attitude!

5:17 PM  
Blogger N2B said...

Laugh I did Laugh!!!!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home