Thursday, April 27, 2006

The 80's: Decade of the Miniseries

Say what you want about the 80's, (one hit wonders, Miami Vice, Video Killed the Radio Star, Members Only) you can't beat the 80's for cool miniseries like these:

Oh, my gaaawd, they're lizards? V

Ewwww, aren't you a little old (and a Priest) for her? The Thorn Birds

It's not the heat it's the searing pain of your skin burning off. The Day After

Wait, I'm fighting to free who from what? The Blue and the Gray

Hey, weren't you that priest...? The Bourne Identity

The white man is in for some trouble. Shaka Zulu

I know I have forgotten some, so if you remember any, let me know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Dress Gray

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jamison said...

The 80's were sort of the golden age for cashing in on the civil war, with not just the Blue and the Gray, but also the North and the South (staring Patrick Swayze!) and a sequel.

We also learned to fear that everyone was out to kidnap children from I Know My First Name is Stephen.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I owe a personal debt to Shogun. It was this very early 80s mini that caused my parents to finally forgo our two year tv-less existence and borrow someone's old black and white so that they could watch it. Thankfully, Dad couldn't resist the lure of gamma rays and we kept the loaner until he replaced it with a full COLOR set.

But my personal fave of the decade? Fresno. The Power!...The Passion!... The Produce!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

>But my personal fave of the decade?
>Fresno. The Power!...
>The Passion!... The Produce!


The hunky guy who never wore a shirt for the entire miniseries!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mmmm....Torch!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home