Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Vacation

It seems I will be taking a vacation in September. For a weeek. In an RV. A Class "C" RV.

Now some of you may wonder what would posses me to want to vacation for a week in a RV, but some of you don't know that I kinda like the camping thing (although, truth be told, I don't consider this camping, but whatever). What does frighten me a bit is the fact that I will be flying into Salt Lake City, Utah to meet my friends (one is an ex, the other is the ex's boyfriend). No, the ex's boyfriend will not be jealous of me, all theee of us have taken trips together before and we always had a very good time. Anyway, Darrin (the ex) and Greg (the current to my ex) have moved to fabulous Bend, Oregon, bought a house, designing another and are living happily ever after, so there is no worries about jealousy; I think jealousy is reserved for 20-something pretty boys with fragile egos, but that may just be how I feel. I do think there is a bit of irony (or, maybe just coincidence) in the timing of this plan what with the release of this, I'm sure, fine film. I do hope our trip will not be so fraught with wacky hijinks this film seems to be full of. Wacky hijinks can get tiresome, after a while.

The plan for this little adventure is supposed to look something like this:

"We'd head SE from SLC and hit Arches, Mesa Verde, and either come back up through Colorado or western Utah. No itinerary is finalized yet. The idea is to drive 2-4 hours each day, then explore a National Park. We'd be hiking in the parks." That quote is taken from the email Darrin sent me, btw.

So, this seems to be the vacation for this year, first one in about 2 years, I think. Should be fun to see all those parks I've never visited and to be "god's" country (I understand god's country uses the Euro).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home