Tuesday, October 07, 2008

California Marriage Amendment

Some troubling numbers about Prop 8 in California:
According to the poll, likely California voters overall now favor passage of Proposition 8 by a five-point margin, 47 percent to 42 percent
via: CBS5

Now, as the article points out, polling is not an exact science, but for people that believe in equality, we have to be vigilant.

Equality is a good thing, so let's help with the fight for equal rights in California by donating here.

I've mostly been agnostic when it comes to marriage, but I have found there is something amazing that happens to some that get married. It's hard to describe, but there is a difference in two people when they marry. The best example is the way my brother seemed to be changed when he got married. He seems, somehow, happier and less stressed. There is power is that little word, marriage. I wish I could describe better the change in my brother, but it is there and it is real.

I don't know if I would want to be married, but, then again, neither did my brother, but having the choice is important.

Please talk to your friends and family and let them know why this is important.

P.S. I am going to try to start posting more, now

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home