Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Day, A Life

Ever have one of those days at work where you are simply bored out of your mind? I'm having one of those days right now, which is why I am writing this while at work and will disciplined for it, I'm sure, if the powers that be are paying attention. At least if I get disciplined, something will have happened today. The reason, I think, why I am so bored is simple, really. I have been doing the same job for so long I can do it blindfolded, tied to chair with prairie dogs running around - I'm that good. I do have a meeting I am in charge of at 2:00 pm today, but I have already prepared for that (took about a 1/2 hour). So, here I sit wondering what to do and talk about...How about the "key word search" on Statcounter?

There is "Jared Padalecki shirtless", "Nancy Boy conditioner", "my sissy son", and "'80's dolphin shorts." FASCINATING.

I have about 40 pageloads per day with 24 unique visitors and 20 first time visitors and (this is depressing) 4 returning visitors. I guess I need to do something to spice up the site. How about pictures of really hot guys? I don't think that's ever been tried before. I can open up a whole new dimension of blogging! A pioneer, I would be.

I am read mostly by people in the U.S. followed by Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Singapore, Israel, Malaysia, and The United Kingdom. Welcome all!

Someone from The Health and Welfare Agency Data Center has made a visit and someone from Wielkopolskie, Poznan, Poland; Queensland, Gold Coast, Australia; Oregon, Portland, United States (hot toddy?); and Ohio, Strongsville, United States. Hi, everyone. Thanks for visiting and all that...

The building management here at the office has seen fit to place some sort of plastic tinting on the windows which makes the outside look perpetually overcast and rainy. It's not until you walk outside that you realize the sun is actually out. Annoying, I tell ya! What it reminds me of is how the hazy sunshine looks in Southern California (I'm from San Diego, so I know of what I speak).

Let's see...what else. Oh, I am taking this week off from the gym, so I expect to become a bit grumpy followed by caustic starting around Wednesday, 4:00 pm. You have been warned.

I was chatting with someone in the office the other day and we were both talking about we need to do something to make life more interesting. I told her I was thinking about becoming an alcoholic, recover, write a book, appear on Oprah, get caught in the lies from the book, appear on Oprah (because you don't cross the "O") disappear into the literary ether. But then I remembered I don't like drinking. Oh, well, it's nice to dream. Instead I have decided to volunteer at some theater here in San Francisco (get back to my roots, as it were). What? You didn't know I used to ba a production manager for a performing arts center in San Diego? I was. I think it is time to get back to the theatah.

Well, that's it for today, I have that meeting I mentioned to get to. Buh, bye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...


I have about 40 pageloads per day with 24 unique visitors and 20 first time visitors and (this is depressing) 4 returning visitors.

In general, I don't think Statcounter counts visits made through feed aggregators. It definitely doesn't catch visits through Google Reader, which is what I use. I'm sure you have a bigger readership than you suspect.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I haven't thought about all those techy agregators thingys. Maybe you do like me, really like me!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there!

I loved what you wrote about Oprah and the lies. I just wrote a play last weekend that featured several references to that fiasco!

One way to increase readers is just to increase your visits to other blogs - always leave a comment if you can. It lets people know you're out there!

Good luck to ya...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home