Sunday, January 09, 2005

Grooving to Neal while Tai-ing a few on.

What do Chad and I do when we go out to the local video bar, Badlands? Groove to the latest '80s cover from Gwen or Briteny? No, of course not. We grooved to the sounds of Neal Diamond's "September Morn," "Solitary Man," "Forever in Blue Jeans" (singing along to "Forever In Blue Jeans" in a gay bar is what life is all about), rocking to Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb singing "Guilty," we were definitely "Right Down the Line" with Gerry Rafferty! The sublime happiness of listening to midwest radio jingles from the '80s, or sining along with the theme to The Muppet Show (number one on my list of things that are good) is difficult to explain. It helps to be with someone that is as big a nerd as I am. Love ya, Chad!
How did we accomplish such a feat at a video bar blaring the latest candy? Easy. Chad has recently become a "Pod" Person. Yes, Chad has one of those eloquently designed pieces of perfection, the iPod. So, you can imagine the quizical looks we were receiving from the other patrons. "Why...what, what ARE they doing? Don't they know Maddona's singing "Vogue?" That's the point, boys. Yes, Chad and I rebels. Rebelling against YOU!
So, there we are, each with one ear phone in our ears being very anti establishment. Chad and I will be glad to imbibe the tasty Mai Tais the cute bartender created for us, but we don't feel the need to bow before the wardrobe malfunctioning talents of Janet Jackson or the subtle sexuallity of Li'l Kim. Give me Neal and the Muppets any day. And more Mai Tais. And if you can let me keep the bartender, even better.

-Michael

P.S. Does anyone know how to create a link within a post? Update: I figure it out. I dug up the buried HTML code I used to play with...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

depends on what you like to blog with

why does that sound kinda kinky?

11:40 AM  
Blogger Chox said...

LOL...we were the biggest nerds in that bar, weren't we? I love it. You are my nerdy soul mate...at least this time I didn't drunk dial my mom's office while making tard noises.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home