Friday, January 07, 2005

The New Year was such a drag!

I hope everyone had a nice New Year and all your resolutions will be quickly forgotten and you will continue live a life that pisses off the likes of George Bush and Jerry Falwell. God Bless the Sinner!

For my New Year celabrations I was in LA by invitation of a friend (we actually dated for a bit back when I was a wee lad of 26). D (my friend) invited my down for dinner at his and his boyfriends house in the Hollywood Hills-and what a dinner it was. Very tre gay! Six courses served by a cute waiter, he also was the bartender! Now I didn't drink becuase I had a bit of a cold and needed to save myself for the next night's activities. Dinner was wonderful. The conversation flowed with wit and a bit of baudiness. I felt as if we were all in a time warp sent back to a 1920's "salon". All that was missing was Dorathy Parker!
After dinner we gathered ourselves, got bundled up (it was freezing! If you have ever been to LA, you know sometimes it can get to be VERY cold), and we walked up the hill to the end of one of the streets overlooking the LA basin. With LA laid before us, the Hollywood sign over our shoulders, we toasted in the New Year while illegal fireworks exploded around LA. It was truly a nigt to remember...But not as memorable as the next night.

On Saturday a bunch of us got together for the real New Year's celebration: Hollywood Flash Bash. Now I will not go into the details of what Flash Bash is, you can go to the web site to read all about that. I do need to tell you that the evening was fun, surreal, and...painful. Hey, you try wearing high heels for 6 hours straight! Go to the website (I'm the one that looks like Marilyn Manson on a bender).
Flah Bash was a lot of fun. We went to the Panteges Theater (the patrons were not "into" it, I'm afraid. Snobs!) We made a visit to Hollywood and Highland, we were loved there-I felt a little bit of the celebrety while there. I was even asked for my autograph! And who knew L. Ron Hubbard would have a Christmas house? Well, after Hollywood and Highland we limoed it to WEHO (what, I didn't tell you we hada limo? We diiiid). All the gay boys were out, of course. We went to a few bars and had a few drinks. Talked to some cute boys (this is when I regretted being in drag!)
Other than being separated my friend that had the keys to my rental car, all went very well. I recovered my keys the next day and came home to rainy San Francisco and quickly took the rest of the week off from work. Weeeeee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

OMG. You do look like a deranged M. Manson. (if it's possible for him to look any more deranged)

Congrats on joining in on the blogwave and kudos to C for finally getting you to do it.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home