Monday, February 12, 2007

I Must Have Missed That Meeting

The headline in the Bay Area Reporter concerning Gavin Newsom's travails:

Gays rally around Newsom

I imagine the meeting went something like this:

Gay: "I propose *snicker, snicker, I said "propose". Oh, how ironic we gays are. Ahem, anyway, I propose we gays rally around Newsom."

Other Gay: Yes, I second your proposal *snicker*, *snicker*, goodness we gays are a funny lot."

Gay: Well, let's put it to a vote, shall we? All in favor of rallying around Newsom say 'I'".

Other Gay: Um, we're the only ones here. I think a quorum has already been established."

Gay: "Oh, right."

Other Gay: "So, how are we going to do this?

Gay: "We could march to city hall..."

Other Gay: "Yeah, I suppose. Or we could just call the B.A.R and tell them the gays have decided to rally around Newsom. Should make a good headline."

Gay: "Totally! Let's do that."

I'm really not this cynical in real life, honest. Okay, maybe I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Yes, you are, but that's why we love you.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home