Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Smokey The Homeless

Walking up 17th street to Castro MUNI station, a homeless man approached from the opposite direction. As he approached the women walking about 15 feet in front of me, he looked at the women and said, "Yeah, you don't fucking smoke!" As he passed her, he added, "Fucking bitch." Approaching me, he proceeded to impart this piece of Soritcal wisdom, "You don't have any fucking cigs, either. No one fucking smokes, god dammit."

While this is just another day in the City by the bay, we can learn something from this encounter:

Homelessness is caused by smoking. Don't smoke!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelicious said...

What does drinking cause then?

2:31 PM  
Blogger hbjock said...

Hahahhah and that is too funny... and drinking causes Beer Goggles which leads to failed marriages and ugly children.. heheh just kidding!! :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Is that guy still doing that Gimmick? I think he passed us when I was there in April 2005... LOL Good to know he is still around! ha ha

Crack is WACK!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I start feeling especially homesick for SF, I read things like this and get over it real quick!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you need to do is sneeze and bust a blood vessel in your eye, then the homeless will be scared of you. I'm talking from experience here. It was funny as I got out of the cab and the guy saw my eye, he said "Good God, what happened to your eye"? and then ran away.

When I was there in 2004, there was a guy who sat outside Walgreens at 15th and Market. He was asking for enough money to buy a bus ticket home. Everyday for over a month he asked me. Finally I told him he needed a new line because he should have already had enough money. He never asked me for money after that.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home